Google 刚刚开放了它的 Blog Search服务，从而正式进入 Blog 搜索市场，鉴于 Google 强大的页面索引，这无疑对 Technorati,IceRocket, Blogpulse 等 Blog 搜索服务商构成了巨大的压力。
Google Blog Search FAQ
- What is Blog Search?Blog Search is Google search technology focused on blogs. Google
is a strong believer in the self-publishing phenomenon represented
by blogging, and we hope Blog Search will help our users to explore
the blogging universe more effectively, and perhaps inspire many
to join the revolution themselves. Whether you’re looking for Harry
Potter reviews, political commentary, summer salad recipes or anything
else, Blog Search enables you to find out what people are saying
on any subject of your choice.
Your results include all blogs, not just those published through
Blogger; our blog index is continually updated, so you’ll always
get the most accurate and up-to-date results; and you can search
not just for blogs written in English, but in French, Italian, German,
Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and other
languages as well.
- How do I find Blog Search?There are a few different ways you can get to Blog Search:
- blogsearch.google.com (Google-style
- search.blogger.com (Blogger-style
- The Blogger Dashboard
- The Navbar on any Blog*Spot blog
It’s the same search in each place, no matter how you get to it.
The Navbar, however, provides two buttons: one to search the blog
you are currently viewing, and one to search all blogs.
- blogsearch.google.com (Google-style
- How do I use Blog Search?Just type the word(s) you want to search for in the text box and
click “Search.” That’s all there is to it!If you want more control over your search, click the “Advanced Search” link
to the right of the search button. There you’ll find options to specify
titles, authors, languages and more. Once you get your search results,
there will be an additional link that allows you to switch between
displaying the results with either the most relevant or recent results
at the top.
In the Blogger version of the interface, there is an extra “use
search options” link beneath the search box. This will show a few
of the most common advanced options, such as a specific blog or a
date range to search within.
- Which blogs are included in Blog
The goal of Blog Search is to include every blog that publishes
a site feed (either RSS or Atom). It is not restricted to Blogger
blogs, or blogs from any other service.
- How do I get my blog listed?If your blog publishes a site feed in any format and automatically
pings an updating service (such as Weblogs.com),
we should be able to find and list it. Also, we will soon be providing
a form that you can use to manually add your blog to our index, in
case we haven’t picked it up automatically. Stay tuned for more information
- Why aren’t my oldest posts listed?Since Blog Search indexes blogs by their site feeds, it will only
include items that have been posted since it started indexing a given
blog. For most blogs, that will be around June 2005, or the time
at which you submitted your blog for inclusion. We are working on
ways to include older posts as well.
- What if I don’t want to be listed?If you do not publish a site feed for your blog, it will not be
included in Blog Search. However, if you previously published a site
feed that was included, the old posts will remain in the index, even
though new ones are not added.
Blog Search will also respect
NOINDEX,meta tags, as
- How does Blog Search work?Blog Search indexes blogs by their site feeds, which will be checked
frequently for new content. This means that Blog Search results for
a given blog will update with new content much faster than standard
web searches. Also, because of the structured data within site feeds,
it is possible to find precise posts and date ranges with much greater
- Can I search for entire blogs or individual
posts?You can use Blog Search to find either specific posts or entire
blogs. The main search results always return links to posts. However,
when there are entire blogs that seem to be a good match for your
query, these will appear in a short list just above the main search
- Can I subscribe to search results?Yes. At the bottom of each page of search results you can find several
links, offering the top 10 or 100 results as either Atom or RSS feeds.
Just grab the links from here and subscribe to them in the news aggregator
of your choice and you will get updates whenever new posts are made
that match your query.(If you’ve never subscribed to feeds before, check out Blogger
Help and AtomEnabled for
more information, along with links to various programs
you can use to subscribe.)
- What search operators are supported?All of the standard Google
Search operators are supported in Blog Search. These include:
Additionally, Blog Search supports the following new operators of
For example, a search such as [
will show you posts about mandolins written by people named Graham.
Note that you can also use the Advanced Search option to achieve
the same effect.
- Can I find blogs in specific languages?Yes, you can restrict results to any of 35 specific languages by
using the Advanced Search options. Just check the boxes next to the
languages you want to include. By default, results include blogs
written in all languages.
- Does Blog Search support SafeSearch
Yes, SafeSearch can
be used to filter out adult sites, just like in Google Search.
- What do I do if I still have questions?Just contact the Blog